Cubase 9 PRO blacklisted HALion6

As support can’t/won’t help me, maybe some kind person here can. As you can see in the pic HALion 6 and SampleTank 3 gets blacklisted in Cubase 9 pro.

Tried help from IK Multimedia, but as ST3 works fine in Logic proxy and HALION results in the same problem, it might be a Steinberg issue?

If I try to load any of the two instruments Cubase crashes. If I try to reactive them from blacklist Cubase crashes.

iMac
macOS 10.12.4
Ram 16gb
Skärmavbild 2017-04-05 kl. 22.12.33.jpg

Perhaps the plug-in files have become corrupted? Try re-installing them.

Thx but I’ve done…twice…plus other like other tips given by IK Multimedia - giving several folders and files read&write rights (not sure if I pronounced that correct)

The most disturbing thing is that support is totally silent. I open two tickets in all. First time it took them 32!!! days to answer and this ticket has now been open for 12 days and not a word.

Franzbri:

I happen to be on a Mac and use both of those plugins. I am really surprised both ST3 & HALion 6 got blacklisted. I have only one suggestion for you: Delete the blacklist files and restart Cubase.

Keep your current installations of ST3 and HALion 6. Quit Cubase.

Follow this path: YourBootDrive/Users/YourName/Library/Preferences/Cubase 9 …and delete these 3 files:

Vst2xBlacklist Cubase (x86_64).xml
Vst2xBlacklist Cubase.xml
Vst2xPlugin Blacklist Cubase.xml

Then relaunch Cubase. See what happens. Are ST3 and HALion 6 still blacklisted? Sometimes you have to repeat this process 2 or three times. If that’s the case and you are still blacklisted I would suggest PMing Matthias Quellmann for help. He’s a good guy and tends to help HALion customers above and beyond the call of duty.

Ok thx
I gave up ST3. Did a complete uninstall/reinstall of Cubase. All the bundled stuff works except Padshop!!! which crashes Cubase. Havent been using Cubase since the early 90ies and I’m rather disappointed by the lack of support.

I gave up ST3. Did a complete uninstall/reinstall of Cubase. All the bundled stuff works except Padshop!!! which crashes Cubase. Havent been using Cubase since the early 90ies and I’m rather disappointed by the lack of support.

Try the blacklist pref purge and see if ST3 comes back. It’s not the greatest rompler in the world but, a lot of its presets have a ton of character you won’t find anywhere else. And it has a preset manager that is not the nightmare HALion presents.

You didn’t say if HALion started working or if ST3 & HALion were still showing up in the blacklist. I’d be curious to find out the results of purging those files.

Many Thx wease
However this tends to be too much windows-mumbojumbo for an apple adict.
I have a great functioning ST3 in Logic Pro X and will focus on getting some help to get Padshop running.
Frankly I find all this quite ridiculous that a well rounded company like Steinberg can’t give you any support.
But many thanks to you for taking time in helping me.