Cubase 9 Pro Sampler Control Crashing

Hi all Cubase Users,

This is my first Cubase post i just got Cubase 9 Pro fresh installed windows 7 Ultimate Legit.
So finnaly got everything installed and thought lets give the sampler a try.
When i drop a sample into the sampler control it crashes and gives me the following popup error message.
This is not making me a happy cubase user i payed allot for this peace of software so please fixed this Steinberg!!!
Cubase sample control error.jpg

I reinstalled windows 7 then the sampler control drag drop whas working.But track control settings hidden and visible controls text whas not showing. I fixed the problem after looking via google i found someone with the same problem…What he did was rename the Cubase 9_64 folder in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg.Then Cubase will automaticly remake the Cubase 9_64 folder you renamed to for example Cubase 9.Cubase will rebuild the Cubase 9_64 folder after that you can remove the renamed folder.Everything working fine now for the rest loving Cubase so far it’s getting better and better…

Thank you man, you made my day !!

Worked for me - renaming the Cubase 9_64 folder solved the problem!
made my day as well, thanks

What he did was rename the Cubase 9_64 folder in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg.Then Cubase will automaticly remake the Cubase 9_64 folder you renamed to for example Cubase 9.Cubase will rebuild the Cubase 9_64 folder after that you can remove the renamed folder.

Been struggling with this problem for a few days now and the solution above worked… for a little while, then the same problem occurred again with Cubase 9 Pro crashing as soon as you try to import a audio file (only tried WAV so far though I read MP3 causes the same errors) in to the sampler.

Renaming the folder mentioned above and having Cubase recreate it also deleted a bunch of plugins that I had to manually look up again and activate, which was quite frustrating at first, so I don’t feel like trying the “rename folder” solution again since it reversed into the original errors shortly after doing so.

I have emailed Steinberg about this since the 'net doesn’t really give me any answers as to why this problem is happening. We’ll see if they reply, I guess.

If anyone of you guys find a solution to this malfunction, please share the information coz the sampler is definitely one of the reasons I upgraded from Cubase 6, so it’d be nice to actually be able to use it.

Cheers!

i have the same problem with cubase 10.5 Pro.

I already wrote Steinberg service and proceeded theire solution twice. It works for a while with all the negative side effects (not all Plugins in Plugin Manager, no presets, etc.).

The service guy couldn´t help me anymore so i still sit on this stupid problem.

I won´t buy an update to Cubase 11.

Iam really upset with Steinberg.