Cubase 9 Thread

Anyone know if cubase 9 supports Retina display??

the point is to make money my friend…that’s all

I heard new audio engine is due in March. I am just settling down c9 here, no sign of new engine

Another hope of the year is dead. SB are you kidding?! You even didn’t give new UI to all your plug-ins. 5 new features for the single 64 bit version?! Unbelievable.

Don’t you mean video?

I just posted to the bugs forum but curious about you guys if some of you have the same sh_t happening

So I have a perfectly working 8.5 system on my machine (W10, asus laptop) and after upgrading to C9, it crashes every time I exit the program. Anyone in the same shoes maybe?

Tried it for a while now and I like the new look and way of working with the windows. I use one big screen so for me 9 is better than 8.5.
But a problem came up at once, my mouse locks for half a second when I move it around when Cubase 9 is open. Even in other applications.
I dont have a graphic card in my PC, I use the internal graphics on Intel processor but there wasn’t this problem with 8.5.

“the point is to make money my friend…that’s all”

Exactly!!!

:unamused:

C8 was crashing on exit for many users. Is C9 still crashing on exit? How about performance? Any improvements regarding audio glitches and asio meter spikes?

Not here.

unfortunately yes, see my post above

Very unimpressed. Lot’s of stuff i don’t need and no improvements on the existing features.

Bezier curves for automation and CC editing was all i hoped for, all i have ever hoped for since Cubase 6.

You know more than I Steve

After succesfully saving a new project, the crashing bug has gone. I hope for good.

OHhhh… it was most asked request on many forums - please more inserts! 2017 year and 8 inserts… totally disappointed… I chatted some months ago on Steinberg forum with Steinberg representative, and he also said that they knows that it is very requested feature, but he told me, - problem is, that they cant find solution for downgrade compatibility of versions in this case.
For example ,if You have C9 with 16 inserts active, then You can not to open fully this project in C8 with 8 inserts. I think it is not problem, because already some years/versions ago, there was situation that projects was not compatible with lower version. I guess it was with Cubase 5 and 6 if I remember correctly.

My thoughts exactly :neutral_face:

That’s the only reason I’d consider upgrading but it makes me sad to spend 100€ on something that should have already been solved years ago.

Does the new EQ have variable 6 12 24 etc lpf and hpf slope?

Hi, eriksumo and ZeroZero. Could you provide a screenshot of Cubase 9 at Windows zoom of more than 100% (e.g. 200% or 150%) to determine whether Cubase 9 supports High-DPI? Thanks.

(After changing Windows zoom, please don’t forget to log-off/log-on or reboot for the new zoom to be guaranteedly correctly applied.)

Liking the project window that has the “Transport Panel” incorporated into it. :slight_smile:

Also really digging the mixconsole that is incorporated into the project window. That seems to take care of the mixconsole AOT concern. Nice!

Not liking CB not finding all my VSTs even though the VST2 paths are being scanned. :frowning:

Regards :sunglasses:

Here is how I solved this issue. I discovered that performing a Maintenece update was not enough - I had to download and install the latest version of E licenser separately.

Z