CUBASE AI 11: Not recognizing input. Can hear audio, but not registering in Cubase

I mean since the time it was working fine. It’s not working fine now

Does Cubase has the right to use the microphone? The UR22MKII is a microphone as well in this regard.

I don’t know how to verify that?

also read this: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/360019642280

Unfortunately a minimum of technical and vocabulary knowledge is needed here in order to have a well-informed exchange. You can gain it by by carefully reading the knowledge base, manuals, and watching getting started videos in the Steinberg YouTube channel.

I cant thank you enough for helping me out here, but I have been using Cubase since 2008. I have managed to get by using it for 13 years without any technical or vocab knowledge.

If it were explained to me at the time of purchasing my interface that I would need an expert knowledge of DAW software just to be able to record a song, i would not have bought it.

The fact of the matter is for a piece of software with this many steps requires reliable support from Steinberg, which I have not been able to find anywhere.

obviously you avoided reading a manual in the last 13 years as well

I could have read the manual front to back and it would not do a thing to prevent the current situation I am experiencing.

What DOES help is people like Steve above sharing this key information that no person at Cubase thought to tell me (despite being fully aware that I am using MacOS Big Sur.)

Thanks, Steve.

That’s why he is a moderator…

I had problems recently with Cubase Pro 11. Version 10.5 worked fine but 11 was really glitchy. Replaced the UR44 with a different interface and problem solved. Is it possibly a problem with your UR22 not talking to Cubase 11? Long shot maybe.

Update: The issue was that noted above: Had to manually allow Cubase to use microphone.

Thanks for all your help with this. Very appreciated.

mostly it gets overlooked by the user if the Mac is asking for that…
and it doesn’t ask again