Cubase AI 6 / Trouble exporting - What is MP3 Encoder?

I’ve recently got the Cubase LE 6 together with as audio interface i bought (the Komplete 6, by Native Instruments). After activating and registrating it, it now runs as Cubase AI 6. Whatever.

The thing is, after a while of using it, it suddenly stopped exporting my mixdowns to MP3! :open_mouth: I’ve searched for the problem and found out (in the eLicenser Control Center itself) that, though I have unlimited access to use Cubase AI 6, the “MP3 Encoder” validation has expired. I am not sure of what it is but pretty much seems to have something to do with, you know, exporting MP3 files!

First question: Is everything I said alright? I mean, should this really be the problem?

Second Question (if the answer to the first one is “yes”): What should I do now? :astonished: It says I cannot activate it since it has already expired! Is there a way I can buy these “MP3 Encoder”?

Kind of third question: This is a little down the road but anyways, in case I someday decide to move on to Cubase Elements 6 or Cubase 7 or any other, will I have the same situation with this mp3 exporting thing?

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Unlimited .mp3 export is only included with the full version of Cubase. For lesser versions you are required to purchase a license …

http://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/buy_product/sku/500242444.html

It sounds like your “trial” license has expired.

Thank you, Scab Pickens! It’s a simple answer but I was really struggling to find it!

You’re welcome.

Another option would be to export as wav and use a freeware wav to mp3 converter outside of Cubase.

I purchased MP3 Encoder and used it. Now it has expired (11/18/2017). I have a receipt and activation code. When I highlight the MP3 Encoder in eLicenser and enter activation code it goes through a process but still remains expired in eLicenser…and ideas??

thnx

Try the reactivation procedure and other ideas found here…

https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/207334490-Software-license-activation-reactivation

Also… even though the license is listed as “expired” does it still work?

Regards :sunglasses: