Cubase AI 7 and Soundcraft MTk 12 Signature

Hello,

I use Mac OS Sierra

I experiment some difficulties to configure a recording project with a Soundcraft MTK 12 mixer.

The 12 inputs and 12 outputs of the mixer are activated in the audio and midi setup of Mac OS. The mixer is set to be used as input and output peripheral.

The mixer is recognised in the peripheral setup (ASIO driver). I configure the VST connexions (outputs and inputs).

The audio recording tracks are set to the buses. The audio tracks are armed for recording and the monitor button of each track is activated.

If I try to record or monitor a track (voice for example via a micro), the voice is correctly played via USB return in a stereo inputs of the mixer but it is impossible to record the voice (no waveform) or to detect an input level of the voice.

Many thanks.

PS: I already made succeffully recording projects with RME Babyface or Steinberg UR28M.

I’m sorry but we have not started supporting 10.12 yet. Cubase AI7 has been discontinued for a couple of years and was not supported for 10.11, so I do not expect that it will be supported for 10.12. When the Developers have completed their testing for 10.12, there will be announcements here on the forum and on www.steinberg.net

My best suggestion for AI7 would be to use 10.10. If the problem persists there, please let me know. Thank you.

Thanks for the answer.

It’s too long to go back to the 10.10.

May be I upgraded the SE to quickly but it’s done.

So for this kind of recording projects, I will use Ableton…

I have the same set-up and have found the same problems as you, Cubase Ai7 (Under OS X 10.12) does recognises the device but I cannot for some reason set the tracks to record or get any sound into the DAW from the mixer using the USB so I am stuck using the mixer as an analogue audio input device only, the USB being redundant till I upgrade I guess. Had the same issues with Ableton so maybe it’s 10.12 that is the problem. Not a fan of the recent Apple OS’s way too many glitches and incompatibilities etc. for such an established music making friendly OS.

I have the same set-up and have found the same problems as you, Cubase Ai7 (Under OS X 10.12) does recognises the device but I cannot for some reason set the tracks to record or get any sound into the DAW from the mixer using the USB so I am stuck using the mixer as an analogue audio input device only, the USB being redundant till I upgrade I guess. Had the same issues with Ableton so maybe it’s 10.12 that is the problem. Not a fan of the recent Apple OS’s way too many glitches and incompatibilities etc. for such an established music making friendly OS.