Cubase AI 7 Installation and eLIcenser

Hi.
I received an older version of Steinberg UR12
I would like to use CubaseAI with it, so I downloaded the Cubase_AI_7_Installer_mac.dmg.
I ran the dmg and tried to run the “Start Center.app” but it fails -
“Start Center quit unexpectedly”.
Also, I am completely confused about the eLicenser and how to register my Cubase…
Not sure what is going on or how to resolve.

Hi,

What macOS version do you use, please?

Martin,

I am currently running MacOSX version 10.15.7

My computer is a Macbook Pro Late 2013

Happy New Year!

Regards,

Jim Palmer

You need to update the licence. Cubase AI licence is now for any version so you can get 10.5. Go into your steinberg account and you can start there.

I have attempted to update my license, but it does not appear in the eLicenser Control Center, so the application does not start. Additionally, I don’t see a way to download a more recent version of Cubase from the the Steinberg site. The eLicenser Control Center indicates the following - “Currently, there is no eLicenser connected to your computer which you can download your license to. Please connect an appropriate USB-eLicenser to your computer. In case you do not have any USB-eLicensers available and want to download the license to a so-called “Soft-eLicenser”, please contact the software vendor of your product, to learn how to create a Soft-eLicenser on your computer system.”

I can’t seem to find the steps to create a Soft-eLicenser on my computer.

Jim P.

Hi,

I’m not sure this is true for an older licenses. I think, if it was released as Cubase AI 7 license, you wouldn’t get the latest Cubase AI now. I believe this is true for the new licenses (around a year back from now) only. But O’m not 100% sure about this.

Hi,

If there is no Soft-eLicenser in your eLCC, use the eLCC Helper, please.

Just last month I found my old Cubase 4 AI and managed to get the new licence so version 7 should be fine.

That’s good news for you.
I’ve been trying to install Cubase AI for two days, have tried many things but still not successful. Have reached out to Strindberg Support.

Hopefully it will be good news for you too.