Cubase AI 8

I’ve tried to submit a support form but the page just keeps coming back that I haven’t filled out information which I clearly have… Hoping to have better luck here.

I have a Yamaha Mg10xu Mixer and was given a download code within the package for Cubase. When I have the Yamaha Mixer plugged in through the USB port and a XLR for a Shure SM58 mic in Channel 1 and a quater inch jack for my guitar in Channel 2, both the mic and guitar only register on the first track within Cubase and not on the separate audio tracks which I’ve assigned each channel. Maybe I don’t have all the necessary drivers up to date? I’ve checked mapping and everything else so the only thing I can think of would have to be a software or mixer malfunction. Thank you.

P.S. Wondering if maybe this is a glitch within the software and if simply uninstalling and reinstalling would help seeing as the OS is fairly simple. But will I be able to reinstall since I got the software with a code from Yamaha??

Hello Colton,

I have sent you a private message regarding this.

Hello Colton,

Based on the couple of messages to me I would advise updating to the latest release of Cubase AI8 (8.0.2), and see if it will then allow you to map your driver correctly in the Devices>VST Connections.

http://download.steinberg.net/downloads_software/cubase_le_ai_elements_8/8.0.20/win/cubase_le_ai_elements_8.0.20_update_win.exe

let me know if the issue persists.

Hi,
I have a Yamaha MG12XU and I’m struggling with finding link to download the Cubase AI version to start using my mixer with software.
Could you please send me some kind of link to get the program.
Many thanks,
Bart