Cubase AI 9.5 and Yamaha THR10

Hey everyone,

I recently purchased a Yamaha THR10 and finally got around to downloading and installing the free cubase that came with it. My issue is that cubase will not see the thr10 as a device.

When I started cubase for the first time I was prompted with a selection of generic low latency asio driver and Yamaha THR10. I accidentally selected the low latency driver and now the thr10 is no longer an option.

The THR shows up in the device manager but is just not an option or a device within cubase. I can hear sounds from my computer on the Yamaha but I can’t record anything from the Yamaha.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
Shane

Hi and welcome,

You should be able select it as an ASIO driver in the Studio > Studio Setup > VST Audio System. Can you do this?

Thanks for the reply. To answer your question, it was not an option anywhere. When I first installed the program it asked me to choose the legacy driver or the THR. I accidentally selected the legacy driver and couldn’t choose the THR after that.

Right after I posted I saw the sticky to download the asio4all thing and as soon as I installed that the thr became an option. All good and off recording.

Thanks
Shane