Cubase Ai Emulate onboard sequencer

I have just recently switched to a Yamaha Montage from a Motif ES. I have never used a DAW but I am supposed to learn with the acquisition of a Montage. My workflow heavily utilized the pattern function of the onboard sequencer of the Motif ES. I am trying to figure out if the Montage and learning Cubase is the right way to go. The number one thing that will make me decide to keep the Montage and learn Cubase is if I can EMULATE THE PATTERN MODE OF THE YAMAHA MOTIF ES ONBOARD SEQUENCER. Is this possible with Cubase and the Montage? I would like to record one pattern/track at a time and then play the recorded pattern(s)/track(s) while I create a new pattern or track to add to what I am listening to and have already created. Is there a quantize function as well within Cubase regarding this process. Can somebody please help and guide me in the right direction? I am a new user of DAW’s so I am kinda getting overwhelmed with attempting to emulate this function and workflow from the Motif ES. Thank you for your time.

Hi,

Yes of course. Additive recording is one of the very basic feature of Cubase (any DAW in fact).

Quantize function is included with lots of options.

Great, thank you for your help with that. So I am assuming within cubase, I will be looking for additive recording then. I just started trying to use a DAW so my questions might seem kinda simple. Is there anything you recommend in terms of tutorials and guidance (maybe step by step) regarding getting my montage correctly hooked up with Cubase and ready to roll with recording. My set up is pretty simple, it is the Montage, my pc with windows 10 with i7 processor, and a pair of yamaha HS8 monitors. I have all the cables and everything needed to connect everything. I just don’t know from there. The only thing I think is that my cubase software is recognizing the montage. Can you guide me in the right direction for success? I am so eager to start recording. I really appreciate your help. Thank you again.

Hi,

I would recommend you these Quick Start Tutorials.