Cubase AI5/ Yamaha MG166C-USB input problem

Hi,
First post, and not overly experienced in the use of computers while doing sound stuff feild, so please don’t be too harsh!

So I have set up my mixer (MG166C-USB) and it works perfectly; plays songs from computers using line ins etc. However, it came in a package deal with Cubase AI5, which isn’t going so well. After installing the software, I discovered that it wouldn’t interact with the mixer, even though it was plugged in through USB (drivers installed, system sounds and iTunes play through it fine). Being slightly incompatent, I haven’t managed to get an audio track onto Cubase, so I cannot verify if the problem is within the program. It does make an annoying clicking sound when Cubase is running though…

I tried using Audacity to check the input to the computer, but nothing came through. Using the “self test” function in Cubase, I discovered that the signals were not returning.

My setup is below (attempted install on Vista laptop; XP is old desktop, doubt it would manage it).

Thank you in advance for any help you give me, it is much appreciated. If you need more information, just ask, an I will answer to the best of my ability.

Thanks,
Mic

NOTE: I have genuinely been through all the Yamaha help forums, and most of Google as well to be honest… Apologies if this is in the wrong section, I’m not sure where to put it.