Cubase amplitube latency

Hello all

This is my first post on these forums so just to say thanks for any and all help you may be able to offer and furthermore, I hope everybody is having a sterling day.

My issue is a bit of an odd one and something that is baffling me to be honest. I have Cubase 5 updated to the latest version and I use the Steinberg CI2 and for guitar I like to use Amplitube 3. Today out of the blue, I turned on the computer and started to get latency issues with amplitube when opened in cubase. Like, ridiculous latency issues. If I open Amplitube standalone all is fine.The bit rate is set at 128. But the minute I try use it in Cubase, a delay of literally 2 seconds appears out of nowhere. I have been using this combo and these same settings for months without any issues and I have changed nothing in any of my amplitube or cubase settings. I am also working with a completely new project utilising the same settings as always.

Any help is very much appreciated.

You didn’t mention your system specs but, if on a Windows/PC I’m wondering if you did a recent Windows update. If so, restore your PC to a time before the update when the system was running good and see if the problem resolves.

Good luck.

Regards :sunglasses:

What is your Audio Interface please?
Could it possibly be set to Generic ASIO, which would have about that effect?
Open Cubase, Go to Devices/Device Setup & look at the ASIO Audio setup.
What do you see there?

Hi

I’ve not used Cubase or Aplitube in quite a while, but I’ve just set it up and experience exactly the same problem. I can’t find any particularly relevant advise elsewhere, and the initial question in this threat seems to deal with the same problem.

Was there ever a fix or an explanation found for this latency?

Any advise much appreciated!

Well, there were a few suggestions given but the OP never responded if the problem was resolved nor did the OP reply with any details for the system/hardware specs requested. So, if your issue resolved please post what happened. If not resolved please provide some system/hardware specs and we will see if we can assist.

Regards. :sunglasses: