Cubase and 2 Octa-Capture Units

I have successfully ganged 2 Roland Octa-Capture units and am able to assign 14 of the 16 tracks with no problem.

Unfortunately I am unable to use channels 1/2 on the 2nd unit (OCTA CAPTURE EXP). They show up in the available tracks and I can assign them to channels in Cubase but no audio plays back. The audio signal SHOWS UP in the Octa-Capture application but not at my mixing board (output from 1/2 on the Octacapture)…

I’m pretty sure it’s a Roland thing and I’ll be contacting them too but was hoping that it was something very DOH! – and someone else encountered it already…

Other than this little set-back, the Octa-Capture is a WONDERFUL piece of gear and Cubase is perfect for working with it! :smiley:

Hmm…Crickets…

NOW It’s even worse…

Channels 1, 2 AND 7 on the master unit and channels 1 and 2 on the EXT unit are NOT presenting any signal at their respective outputs – even though ALL meters from Cubase to Octa-Capture Control Panel to the units themselves show output signal!

This REALLY SUCKS! It was bad enough with only 14 channels of output but 11 REALLY BLOWS!!! :imp:

In case anyone runs into this problem with Octa-Capture…

The master level controls on the front panel ALWAYS control channels 1 and 2 and if they are off, those channels on each unit will be off…

Setting a level on both octa-capture units made channels 1, 2, 9 and 10 magically appear…