Cubase and Albion One

So I’m still trying to figure out how to get Cubase to work with my copy of Spitfire’s Albion One. I’ve asked this question before on this forum, but what was recommended to me is, apparently, not possible. I was told that in order for me to get Cubase to have something to play back to me, I needed to add Albion as a VST instrument. I emailed Spitfire’s customer service and they told me “Albion ONE is a Kontakt Player library, and you should have received the software with your purchase, so it doesn’t come with it’s own VST file.” I was also given this video, which doesn’t really help because the dude is running on a Mac and I’m on PC: How to Install Spitfire Audio and SA Recording Libraries - YouTube

In short, I’m at a complete loss here. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! (also keep in mind I’m completely new to MIDI and recording, so I’m learning as I go)

Yes - Albion One is a Kontakt instrument. It’s not a separate VST instrument.

You need to install the FREE kontakt player:

This comes with some software called Native Access:

You register the licence that came with Albion One in Native Access and point Native Access to the location of the Albion One files.

In Cubase add a Kontakt instrument - load Albion One and you’re good to go.

Hope that makes sense.

I registered the license, but I still cannot get Cubase to recognize Albion or Kontakt. I looked to this video: - YouTube
but still, nothing.

Here’s a screenshot of what I’m seeing. Not sure if it’ll help, though.

is it in your blocklist ?
and can you start Kontakt standalone ?

I can start Kontakt by itself, and no, it is not in the blocklist.

It’s possible you haven’t got the correct path to the plugins in your VST2 plug-in path settings (at the bottom of that screenshot you sent)

are you able to check where you installed Kontakt VST to

I’m not sure. When I open the Kontakt folder, I get three subfolders that read “Crashlogs,” “ir-samples,” and “presets.” I don’t know where I would go to find the Kontakt VST.