Cubase and Behringer X32 console recording

We use Cubase 11 to record with a Behinger X32 console using the ASIO driver supplied by Behringer. Works fine, I can grab all 32 channels at once into Cubase. I’m wondering, since we’ve added a couple extra X32 racks, could I have a second USB connection from a rack and stream more channels into Cubase to record more than 32 channels? So, 2 USB2 connections, into Cubase?

If they show as seperate asio devices then the answer is no. I know you can with RME devices as they present as a single asio interface.

Hi,

You can glue multiple Audio Devices by using ASIO4ALL on Windows. On Mac, use the Aggregate Device.

1 Like

I would try asio4all first with what you have to see if you are happy with the performance before getting another x32 console. It’s not the native asio driver so may not work or perform as expected. That’s why I didn’t recommend it as I wouldn’t use it.

Sorry Martin I should have mentioned all options though even if I wouldn’t use them. Cheers

Hi,

No sorry needed at all. I totally agree with you. To try the driver beforehand makes perfectly sense.

At the other hand, in my experience, ASIO4ALL works sometimes even better than a native driver. So one more reason to try the driver. :wink:

1 Like