Cubase and REX files … endless confusion …

Note: this text was translated from german to english by www.deepl.com which I only can recommend! Cause: in the german forum no one replies me, so I try here!

Hello everyone,

in previous versions I think it was like that, but now with C9.5 I definitely wanted to try some ReCycle grooves (*. REX and *. rx2) again. Over the years a nice library has accumulated here, which should not dust down uselessly on the hard disk.

So:
First try: Create audio track (mono), set locator, put cursor on left locator, load REX file: NOT imported as slices (and does not fit to tempo).
Second try: load new track (mono), REX file and select “REX file” instead of “All file types” in the file dialog: NOT imported as slices (and does not match the tempo).
Third try: new track (stereo), REX2 file loaded (“All file types”): NOT imported as slices (and does not match the tempo).
Fourth try: new track (stereo), REX2 file loaded (selection:“REX2 file”): is being imported as slices and matches the tempo!
Fifth try: new track (stereo), other REX2 file loaded (selection:“REX2 file”): is NOT imported as slices (and does not match the tempo).
Sixth try: Cubase shut down & restarted, new project created, new track (stereo), loaded the REX2 file that didn’t work in experiment 5 (selection:“REX2 file”): is now imported as slices and matches the tempo!
… etc.
Whether the time base of the track is linear or musical doesn’t matter.
I have the feeling that Cubase arbitrarily decides whether to import the REXes as slices or not.
Or what am I doing wrong?
The “REX Shared Library” (1.7) is included in my Cubase app package and also here:
Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Helper/
Is that it? I don’t think so.

My system: MacPro 6.1 (Late 2013), OSX 10.12.6 Sierra, 32GB RAM, TC Electronic Desktop Konnekt 6 FW Interface.

Thanks in advance
Alex

Never mind … I was answered over in the german forum. If anyone interested: importing via Media Bay solves the problems.

FWIW, because Cubase will not preview Rex loops synced to project (even in mediabay), I use a free player called UVI Player to do that.
It previews lightning fast and to tempo, and many times I use it as my total rex solution anyway.

but doesn’t database like media bay, its the best solution but still not ideal.