Cubase Artist 7.5 64bit/32bit

Hi,

im working with Cubase Artist 7.5 in 32bit.
Since its getting kinda slow after 40 Channels because i work with alot of Plugins, im considering to install the 64 bit Version.
Im working on a Macbook Pro i5 2.4 Ghz and 8 gb ram so i think its fine.

1 Question

Does Cubase Artist 7.5 License even offer a 64bit installation?

2 Question

Any Experiences with 64bit Cubase concerning to Plugin Compatibility? I love to use alot of Free and Community Plugins.like the Mda series.

3 Question

Can i Import my current projects which are 32bit made. ( Sure the Plugins which i downloaded in 32 bit wont work immediately but i’ve heard there is an Emulation to 64 bit possible even in Cubase?)

Best wishes to everyone

Hi,

1st of all, you don’t need to install Cubase 64-bit. On Mac, both versions are available. Open Applications folder, right-click to the Cubase application, and select Get Info. Cubase 7.5 Info window appears. Disable Open in 32-bit mode here. Done.

1. Yes.
  2. If you will use 32-bit plug-ins, Cubase will use internal VST Bridge. This needs some more CPU load. So it’s strongly recommended to use 64-bit plug-ins. MDA plug-ins are 64-bit.
  3. Yes you can.

Hello
I run Cubase 7.5 Education. Runs in 32 bit on a Mac book Pro. Can not find the tick box where to run 64 bit version. Need that to allow my EZ drummer to work properly !

regs
Tono44

Hi nad welcome,

Right click to the Cubase in the Application folder, and select Get Info. New Cubase 7.5.40 Info window opens. Dow in the General part, you can see 2 check-markers. The very 1st one is “Open in 32-bit mode”. Disable this. Start Cubase.