Cubase Artist 7.5 No Audio In/Out

hey guys
After the new-installation of windows 7 and Cubase artist 7.5 I got a weird issue: Sound is not coming in or out of Cubase. Not even the Meters react to playing imported tracks and If I try to record, the track doesnt show the magnitude/peaks, neither does the meter work.

I use a mackie onyx 1640 with the actual driver and Cubase recognizes the soundcard and says the Ins/Outs are activ. I checked all of the routing, seems to be alright.Playing music from windows with VLC/WMA is possible, so the problem isnt the soundcard.
First I thought I have to reactivate/register Cubase again, but that doesnt seem to be the problem, since the dongle shows the license and says it is available for full and all-time use.

Does anyone have an idea what it acoult be about?

What’s VSTconnections look like? You have your buses setup pointing to the right inputs/outputs?

yeah, good point. The VST are rightly routed and their status is activ - both INs and OUTs…

Too many variables…

You need to put all your specs in your signature and post some pics of VSTaudio and connections etc.

You have the latest ASIO driver for your hardware and choose it in VSTaudio and connect it in VSTconnections.

That should work. The output is going to the output you monitor, not just another hardware out?

This is a new song, not an old song with some problem in it.

About the only things I can think of right now.

Only two rules to troubleshooting,

1. Try Everything
  2. Only do one thing at a time.

Good Luck!