Cubase Artist 7 installation

I’ve tryed to download and install Cubase Artist 7, but I can’t. I’ve Cubase 7 license full so the installer does not install the Artist version under osx. I would like to install Artist because the Macbook will be more fast and light in some cases. So How could I do that? From your website Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist are same installer.

thanks for help

JJ :smiley:

Why would Cubase 7 (full) be slower or weigh more than Artist 7? Just because the extra features are there doesn’t mean you need to use them. I’m not sure I understand what you think you will be gaining by using a lesser version :confused: .

There are a millions reasons to use a light version, for live show for example, sending sequenced tracks will be more easy and less weight for the CPU, unfortunately you cannot off the unuseful features in cubase. I did the same with oldest version like cubase 6 and artist 6 for live show. Also could be useful for record in old machines like macbook 2007 or 2008, could be useful with external VST plugs, I prefere Melodyne instead Variaudio etc etc, it could be a tons of reasons to use a less features application. If someone know how to install the artist version with a Full license in the USB key please let me know. Otherways there are some Artist demo installer somewhere? Please help. :slight_smile:

Halloooooooo Steinberg users? Steinberg team? how could I install the Artist version??? please help me. thanks

You need a dongle with an artist license on it, to run artist version.
Or you need the “24 h all applications license” this will then ask you which version you want to run…

thanks where i can find the 24h application installer or licence? thanks again for all

This is not an installer, it´s a 25 hour license, that is usually on the newer dongles.
If you start Cubase and it finds only this license on a dongle, it will ask you, which Trial-Version you want to run this will work for 25 hours after that it won´t run anymore, so this is probably not an option, if you plan to use that for a longer time period,

thanks where i can find the 24h application installer or licence? thanks again for all[/quote]
This is not an installer, it´s a 25 hour license, that is usually on the newer dongles.
If you start Cubase and it finds only this license on a dongle, it will ask you, which Trial-Version you want to run this will work for 25 hours after that it won´t run anymore, so this is probably not an option, if you plan to use that for a longer time period,[/quote]

I’ve tryed to install Cubase without dongle but the installer already know i’ve C7 on the Mac, impossibile to install any other demos, so I can’t install artist version, I should reinstall the entire system? No way… Any other solutions? :smiley:

I Looked inside the Cubase 7 .pkg with pacifist application there is no Cubase Artist separate installer so it means the installer of C7 contain both applications inside, at this point why we cannot switch C7 to Cubase Artist7 from the application preference directly? It could be very very useful for user want use the App in some old mac for example. I Hope Steinberg is listening…

If Im wrong ok, let me know how could I install artist version. Thanks

Well, you bought Cubase 7, didn’ t you? If you want to run Cubase artist 7, you should have bought that…

Well, you bought Cubase 7, didn’ t you? If you want to run Cubase artist 7, you should have bought that…[/quote]

ahahahahhaahah genius… :smiley:

Anyone know how to install artist version on mac? even demo? thanks