Cubase Artist 9 - Maschine Studio, MPC Studio

Hello forum! This is my first time here. I look forward to getting some good insight. :smiley:

I am currently running Cubase Artist 9 (up from Elements 9), and I had a question about something. I typically make my beats and music within the Maschine Studio and/or the MPC Studio. It just depends on a few factors as to which I’ll use on a project. I want to be able to track out the audio from the Maschine/MPC into Cubase Artist 9. Could this be accomplished in Cubase Artist 9, or do I need to consider upgrading to Cubase Pro 9? I spent a few hours creating audio ins and outs to be able to do this earlier today. Though I heard the audio from the respective tracks within each one, I was not able to track the audio out at all. I didn’t know what I was doing beyond assigning the Maschine’s/MPC’s outputs and hearing the audio after assigning the outputs. I was under the impression that tracking out the audio could be done in Cubase Artist 9. This was one of the main reasons why I upgraded, outside of some other reasons as well. Could someone possibly point me in the right direction as far as what I could be doing incorrectly? I greatly appreciate any and all help. Thanks!