Cubase Artists crashing Cubase Pro 9.5.21

Martin Jirask,

After being away for a few days, I have run Cubase today and the programme is still being crashed by Cubase Artist, as per my original email!!

This is obviously still a problem so I would appreciate some Steinberg assistance on this.

To reiterate, although this issue may have been occurring intermittently prior to the latest update, it now appears to happen every time I run Cubase Pro, thus making your programme un-useable for me

Here are the dumps:

I look forward to your response!!

Jim B

Is your eLincenser in a usb2 port ?

Hi Peakae,

Yes it is, but then again, it always has been. On my computer there are 3 usb ports, 2 are usb 2’s and 1 is usb 3, but my eLicenser has always been in a 2.

My eLicenser program is up to date, as is my Windows. The only thing that has recently changed and made the situation worse has been the Cubase Pro updates.

As I said earlier, something within the Cubase Artist part of the programme would appear to be badly affecting the entire Pro program, and it vex’s me greatly!!!

Let’s wait and see what Martin can come up with.

Regards,

Jim B

There aren’t “Artist” bits of the program… Artist and Pro run from exactly the same files, the Artist License just limits access to some parts of the program. The error message is most probably itself erroneous and another symptom of the underlying problem. Are there any other hints that for some reason the program is running as Artist?

Martin is very knowledgeable indeed on the Cubase platform and hopefully he can indeed come up with a solution but he isn’t a Steinberg employee so if you want an answer from Steinberg you should put in a support request (if you haven’t already).

Hi P,

Thanks for the input. If the messages are erroneous then that, in itself, is another call for concern surely?

Apologies to Martin for “assuming” he was a Steiny employee. His knowledge and understanding of the programme internal working led me to make that assumption and because I did, I haven’t raised the issue in a support request which I shall now do.

Thanks,

Jim B

…not sure if it’s of more concern than a correct error message but it may help someone sort out where the error is coming from, I don’t think it’s an issue that’s come up before.

Hi Jim,

I just resolved the crashlogs (sorry for my delay). Most of the crashes end up with KERNELBASE. Some of them are from Cubase, but every each is from completely different Cubase areas.

From this point of view, I would guess it’s more on the system level.

Unfortunately here I can’t really see anything better, than to start with a clean system.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for that.
Am I correct in saying that you think the problem is not Cubase but my computer, and that if I removed Cubase and restore my system to and earlier time the problem will be solved?
Sorry to seem a bit dense but I am definitely a bit of a luddite when it comes to this technology!!

Regards,

Jim B

Hi,

Not in the computer, but in the system – Windows. Yes, this is what I assume.

But I don’t know, when and how the system become corrupted. So might happen, that only clean system (Windows) installation would make it stable. I really don’t know, and I’m not a Windows expert.

Well here we are, still having the above problems, so I thought I would update you all on Steinbergs wonderfull support to the UK!!

The story so far:

After posting several times here I ended up raising a support request directly with Steinberg, figuring that even though the UK will soon be leaving the European market, surely that wouldn’t affect the support for my problem!!

Well I must have figured wrong, because its been 25 DAYS since I logged my support request and I am saddened to announce there has not been a single reaction / response to my request except the automated one you get when the issue is logged!

I thought “OK, maybe they are very busy”, so 2 days ago I created another support request asking where the help for the original request was.

Have a guess as to what response I have had?

I am so pleased I chose Steinberg to spend my hard earned cash with………………….NOT!

Maybe time for a change!!