Cubase Audio Mixdown problems

I have recently developed a problem where, when i go to export a track (in any format), cubase stops responding, and then comes up with an error message along the lines of ‘a serious error has occured’ and then the program crashes. I have exported many tracks before and to my knowledge i haven’t changed anything, so any help or insights as to why this is happening would be appreciated

What version and build of Cubase (Help, About)? What operating system are you on? What has changed on the system since it last worked properly?

cubase le 5 version 5.1.1 build 120, Pc, i cleared my hard drive, but made sure to put cubase and all relevant files onto an external hard drive prior to this

What version of Windows are you running?

I would suggest resetting your application data. Assuming you are on Windows 7:

First, please shut down Cubase. Then go to the Start menu, All Programs, Cubase LE5, Cubase LE5 Application Data Folder. In the top address bar, you should see “App Data (roaming) Steinberg” Click on Steinberg at the top. This will put you in the Steinberg app data folder. Trash any Cubase or Nuendo folder that you see here. This will trash your key commands, preferences, sound card settings, etc. It also should clear up the problem you are having. Restart Cubase. You will need to reset your audio outputs (Devices, Device Setup, VST Audio System).