Cubase Crash

Since Friday Cubase kicks me out without any warnings all the time. There is no crash publiced in Steinberg ‘CrashDump’ map. This is very frustrating.

I am running the latest version of Cubase and license center and I’ve installed the latest drivers of my plugins, grahpic card, audio converter. Windows had an update on Thursday, I’ve deleted that one but that doesn’t make any difference.

I’ve had only recorded 4 audio tracks and 3 drum tracks with Fxpansion BFD3 plugin. I guess the plugin is the issue because with Groove Agent it runs fine. The audio tracks and drum track with Fxpansion BFD3 plugin runs fine with Reaper but I don’t want to switch to another DAW.

What can I do to make things work fine and stable?

Hi,

If there is no DMP file in Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps folder, use Microsoft ProcDump to generate a DMP file and share it here, please.

Here is a dropbox link to the ProcDump file: Dropbox - File Deleted

Hi,

There is no Cubase or ay plug-in mentioned in the DMP file. This is generic Windows crash, I’m sorry.

STACK_TEXT:  
win32u!NtUserGetMessage+0x14
user32+0x23a4d
0x1d0670
0x120cc0

What can I do to fix this problem?

Now I do have a crash dump from Cubase:
Cubase 10.0.60.396 64bit 2020.5.24 9.19.08.867.dmp (731 KB)

Hi,

The crash is in Groove Agent. AS I can see, you have the very latest update installed. Could you try to remove Groove Agent Preferences, please?
%appData% Steinberg/GrooveAgent_64bit folder.

I really appreciate your help. I’ve removed the preferences but it didn’t make any difference.

I can work with Groove Agent in Cubase without crashes but if I use BFD3 (plugin) in Cubase, Cubase is still reacting very slow and kicks me out.

Hi,

Do you have any DMP with the BFD3 crash?

No… The only crash dump Cubase put in the crash dumps folder was the one I posted here.

Hi,

Unfortunately I don’t know, what we can do next. With the ProcDump Utility, there was no useful info. So we have no clue, where exactly does it crash.

Thanks for your help, I will search further for a solution.

Hi,

Maybe try at BFD3 forum, please.

The problem seems to be solved. Last week I’ve updated the graphic card (again). I’ve done this before when the crashes started but in the meantime there has been another update. Now Cubase and BFD3 work without any crashes😊.

Hi,

I’m glad it’s working now. And thank you for sharing.