Cubase crashes whenever I export with a new filename

Cubase crashes whenever I export with a new filename, after starting Cubase again it works to export. A file is saved with the new name first time but with no information on it so it seems Cubase recognise it second time as not a new file. How come? Solutions anybody!

Hi,

What OS and what Cubase version do you use, please?

Can you attach *.crash/dmp file, please?

I´m on Cubase 10.5 and Windows 10 (latest update). Where do I find the crash file?

Hi,

Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps folder.

There is no crash dump for those incidents. The thing is that you see no movement at all on the export meter and nothing happens so after a long while I close down cubase ; contr-alt-del and then from task manager I close and restart cubase and then it works.

Hi,

So does Cubase really crash or doesn’t it hang? If it hangs, could you use Microsoft ProcDump utility to make a dmp file, please?

Actually what happens is. I used Procdump and after that it first worked normally, then back to before but i REALISED that it does not hang…it just does not show anything in the export meter but the file gets exported so if I jsut wait the export file is there and working. Strange.

Hi,

Could you try in Cubase Safe Start Mode, please?

Or maybe it’s a GUI issue. What OS do you use? What graphics card?