Cubase Crashes with Play engine (Crash dump)

Hello, I’m on Cubase Artist 9 and I have been experiencing crash dumps. When I load up a project that has Play vst loaded in it, cubase crashes during the load time. But if the project doesn’t have play vst loaded, for example, kontakt only, no issues happen. Another thing is, when I open an empty project, then load up play for the first time, this message shows up,

“A serious problem has occurred: Please try to save your project under another name and then restart Cubase9.exe. If this problem persists please contact Steinberg Technical Support with a description of what you do to create this problem, and the created file C:\Users\Wak\Documents\Steinberg\CrashDumps\Cubase Artist 9.0.0.92 64bit 2017.6.30.21.07.dmp.”

And then when I hit ok, I load it again, then play loads. Then I save it, and re-open the project, now cubase crashes. Won’t even get to the main window.

Hope there’s a fix for this. Thanks!

What version of Play are you using?

Did you find a fix for this issue? I had been getting this exact same error for the past few days. I have the crash dump file as well.