Cubase Crashing 10.5.2 due to virtual instruments

Hello. I am relatively new to Cubase. I started using it on my mac laptop and was having no issues what so ever with any kind of crashing or abnormal events. I recently set cubase up on my desktop PC which is a much stronger computer and I planned on using in for my primary work with cubase. My problems has been that in any project, I will open up a third party plugin like something from kontakt, and play it for it little bit, and then the audio from the plugin will start to cut out with a sort of clip sound. When this happens the disk percentage in kontakt will flash red and then Cubase will crash. This keeps happening and it has caused me to loose lots of work. I tried a bunch of trouble shooting like changing the buffer size and increasing the ASIO guard. This only helped when the buffer size was set very high which caused a tone of latency. My specs on my PC are an i7 8700k cpu, GTX 1070 ti gpu, 16 gigs of ram, and an asus motherboard. On my PC I am using my SSD primary C drive to store cubase and all the samples and audio files that came with it, along with a few third party plugins. On my HDD D drive I am storing my cubase projects. Then I have an external SSD in which I am storing a bunch of third party plugins. My mac has an intel i5, and 16 gigs on ram. Everything on my mac is stored on one ssd. Can someone please help me find a fix to these reacurring problems. Thanks

Hi and welcome,

Please, share some of the *.dmp file(s), to see, where the crash happens.

Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

I would also recommend to test the system by using LatencyMon utility.

here is the dmp file
Cubase 10.5.20.179 64bit 2020.10.10 20.59.50.078.dmp (859 KB)
Cubase 10.5.20.179 64bit 2020.10.10 20.59.50.078.zip (190 KB)

Hi,

I’m sorry, I wasn’t able to resolve the DMP file successfully so far. I will come back to you once I will succeed.