Cubase Crashing While Printing

I have noticed with Cubase 12 crashing while printing a session, This has happened several times and with several different sessions. Restarting Cubase and trying again sometimes solves the issue, but not always.

I tried to read through the Cubase .dmp files and noticed that it always ended up crashing due to either Kontakt, or Sine Player. Usually with Failure Bucket ID: SOFTWARE_NX_FAULT_c0000005_Kontakt.vst3!Unknown.
Although for some reason this particular crash log mentioned INVALID_POINTER_READ.

Could this be an issue with the fact that it is a VST3 rather than a VST2? What could be causing these issues? Please let me know, any help would be extremely helpful

I can’t attach the dump file here since it is too large:

This tells you that the Kontakt Plugin crashed, is Kontakt on the latest Version?
When a plugin crashes it also Takes Cubase down, so you need to Check Kontakt.

That is no special Info, because invalid Pointer simply means the plugin has tried to access some invalid memory.

1 Like

I updated Kontkakt, Uninstalled everything and Reinstalled everything but no luck. I still get crashes every now and then when printing…

There is one session in particular that consistently crashes, on several other computers as well. I have dump files from two computers with cubase crashing while printing. They both crashed in the same place in the session as well…

Cubase 12.0.70.464 64bit 2024.4.9 21.06.27.585.dmp (2.5 MB)
Cubase 12.0.70.464 64bit 2024.4.9 21.06.27.585.dmp (2.5 MB)

Windows 11 Cubase 12. I also tried updating to Cubase 13 and we received the same crash… Something I noticed in both of these dump files is this particular error:

The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The memory could not be %s.

Could this be anything? Is there an issue with my memory? I ran windows memory diagnostic and the report in event viewer said there was nothing wrong with my memory…