Cubase / Cub.Artist / Cub.Elements 6.0.3 update pre-announce

Helge, most encouraging step!
Such approach with pre-announcements is very welcome. It is very encouraging for customer to know in advance what is going on and what is planned for the future. It gives a sense of reliability, and it presents Steinberg as company, who cares for its customers.

In my opinion, Steinberg’s recent switch to a more open and user-connected style of development is the single most important and beneficial update.

I too, look forward to the next release with enthusiasm.

I am engaged on a relatively complex project just now and even on un-supported XP, latest version Cubase has rocked. One song has multiple layers of contrapuntal choirs and has reached 222 audio channels + several processor hungry vstis and has still not reached it’s limit. Fantastic.

Keep it up Steinie, you get my vote.

P

This sounds most excellent, thanks for listening on this issue! It’ll help on orchestral and other high track count workflows immensely.

Helge, could You tell us, why it was not possible to add a simple on/off, for transparent events ?
Does it put too much stress on older systems ?
Did some of the ‘decision makers’ not like the old implementation ?

… just curious …

Jan

Wow, I am really impressed. Not only is C6 the most stable and pleasing release I remenber (I am on board since SX3) but even more: The updates are great and… the COMMUNICATION has improved so much. Many thanks for that.

Ernst

I would LOVE to see a toggle button on the menu bar to turn this on/off as needed on the fly. When you want to move items around, click the button, get your grid and away you go. When everything is in place, click the button, grid goes away and everything looks pretty again. Should be doable to assign a button that in the background toggles a preference to do such a thing.

Yes, this should be fixed as well. I 'll update the list to reflect this soon.

All of these are welcome fixes, Helge. Is there any plan to tackle improvements/options to the way Lanes behave? As you know, this is a hot-button issue with a significant portion of the userbase and I’m wondering if any of the key issues will be addressed in a future release.

great vibe here! :smiley:
thumbs up to the team & to the client base,
great to see this & be part of it
excellent excellent
well done to all
:laughing: :smiley: :wink:

Well said!

Seconded! :wink:

+1

What about the “mess” with the lanes - the bugs, the poor design and functionality. I can’t believe that you are going to do another release without addressing this. Other things like simply clicking on an audio part unmutes the entire audio part just by a simple click - the list of issues with lane behavior goes on and on. Are you guy not reading your own forum?

+1 !

WooHoo!!

Will it be completely migrated to intel cpus on macs? In OSX 10.7 there is no rosetta to help you out…

{‘-’}

So, when do we get MOVEABLE FROZEN PARTS that was PROMISED by Steinberg in a future 6.x release?

Tony

Promised? Where?

Here:

and a couple of other places I can’t find right off.

Congratulations Steinberg on the new communication efforts. This is real improvement.

However Drag & Drop to Battery? still stubborn on this issue?