Cubase doesn't record my cc data

Ok I’ll try my best to explain how this works:

1. The daw controller (Icon Platform M+), sends data using macki protocol (for this fader it’s sending pitchbend data) to cubase. This data enters cubase through the port Platform M+ V2.19 IN.
  2. The Midi Remote Script I got from this thread Icon Platform M+ MIDI Remote - should work with any MCU based controller , translates the incoming pitchbend data to CC1 and outputs it through the secondary Midi Output Port: IAC Driver Icon CC, which is a virtual midi port.
  3. This virtual midi port is activated in “All Midi” and that’s how the the CC1 data gets into the instrument track.

Yes on a first guess I would also think, that a user created Remote API script is the probleme, but if the script wasn’t working, then why does the correct CC1 data even reach the instrument? The correct CC1 data gets put into the instrument track, it’s displayed correctly in the midi monitor and the vst instrument behaves correctly according to the incoming modwheel information, just cubase doesn’t want to record this data in the midi clip.

And as far as I can tell I’m the only one who has this probleme with this script, so I suspect that it’s an issue somewhere in my cubase settings. But I don’t really know anymore which settings to look at at this point