Cubase Elements 10.5.20 usb audio sync issue

Latest version broke USB audio between win10 and older Alesis mixer…

Didn’t notice any problems before upgrade…plugged mixer in to laptop running much older version…no problem.

So how do I downgrade the install to basic 10.5 or 10.5.12 (last working version)…short of uninstalling 10.5 and reinstalling 10.5…can you somehow have multiple versions?

Symptoms? audio is fine for about 30 seconds and then starts to get pops and distortion…then gets completely out of sync with computer (stop playback and audio continues to play distorted for a few seconds).

Hi and welcome,

Increase your Audio Device Buffer Size, please.

You can easily have multiple builds of the same version installed on Mac. On Windows it’s more tricky.

To be able to install an older build, you would need to have the installer.

I tried all the different ‘audio buffer size’ settings…no dice. I have downloaded all the versions of 10.5, but I don’t see any way of installing unless I wipe the existing setup…am I correct?

(btw, after the 10.5.20 upgrade, it didn’t recognize my mixer setup (audio transport)…and sometimes when rebooting it doesn’t recognize it for a little while)

“The lower the buffer size, the lower the latency. It is best to keep to fairly low buffer sizes if your system can handle it. About 12 ms or less is usually a good idea.”

Mine was set at 256 samples - 7.3ms/24.5ms

So I changed it to

• 49 samples - 2.7ms/9.3ms ---- nope graphics totally out of sync with audio digital distortion and breakup/sync worsens at about 2 minutes
  • 128 - 4.4ms/13.5ms – nope, graphics slightly out of sync with audio …etc
  • 192 - 5.9ms/21.1ms – nope, graphics out of sync with audio, distortion and sync problems worse in about 30 seconds
  • 512 - – nope, graphics out of sync with audio digital distortion and bad sync after about a minute
  • 1024 samples 24.8ms/46.4ms — nope, lag between controls and audio start…after about 30 seconds, digital distortion and further sync problems

Hi,

Could you test your system by using LatencyMon utility, please?

Right, you have to uninstall your Cubase 10.5.20 to be able to install an older Cubase version.

Sorry, what do you mean by this? What kind of setup?

This is how all DAW work.

It depends on the specific driver. Better driver gives you better result. And of course your computer.

Could you test your system by using LatencyMon utility, please?