Cubase Elements 8 score printing problems

Thanks for that. No not another printer but the same problem occurs when ‘printing’ to file. The way the blue border appears round the score on screen indicates how successful the file or actual printout will appear so don’t think it’s to do with the printer. Let me know how your attempts go. Please try opening three different tracks within the same project and see what happen when you print!

Hello,

Have you tried updating the drivers of your graphics card? Do you have Adobe acrobat reader installed in your computer?

Best regards,
GN

I have the latest graphics driver - just checked with AMD AutoDetect. I also have Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Cubase 8 Element
Hp 1200 printer
Printing the score will cut the page in half as “Shrink to fit paper” are not done correctly. ie. it has no effect at all.
And it will only print one (ie. one half) page of a score of five pages.
Trying to print to file (two pdf-printers) gave the same result.
Print screen and cropping is the only way to get it on paper readably.
I can tell that there have never been any problem like this printing from ANY program before this.
Both my two computer gave the same result, it has to be CuBase!
Any tip?
/Bertil

Well, I Answer myself, Update to 8.0.40 Solved the Printing problem. Should have seen that there were a update to do before posting here. Sorry!

Despite trying everything, score printing in Cubase Elements 8 for me doesn’t work properly. It still only works a couple of times properly, and then the formatting is wrong. I did everything that was suggested, and more - such as replacing my graphics card.

I was grateful to receive a TeamViewer session from technical support, but the final conclusion was that I should upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and I decided this wasn’t for me at the moment.

I’m particularly disappointed as I did check that Cubase Elements 8 was compatible with Windows 7 before returning to Cubase from Reaper.

I also have a Windows 7 laptop set up for recording with a different audio interface. I got exactly the same problem with that too, which seemed to underline there’s a glitch that needs ironing out in Cubase Elements itself.

I know that Cubase Elements is a ‘lite’ version, but if the limitations on the score printing were just the expected ones, I’d settle for it with enthusiasm. As it is I would have to constantly re-load the application if I wanted more than a couple of printouts.

I must say that everything else in the application works perfectly. For many users, the score and printing facility isn’t a priority, but it was the main reason for my return to Cubase as it’s something I do use.

Many thanks for the help and advice from Forum participants - much appreciated.

Sorry to hear that. For what it’s worth, my experience with Windows 10 has been very good so far, to the extent I am trying to remember what I was so worried about in the first place – perhaps fear of another Windows 8 :slight_smile:

You could, as an experiment, make a backup image of your OS disk and do the Windows 10 upgrade. If you don’t like it, restore the image backup. I like to use TeraByte products but there are many out there. It might also be a prudent move ahead of the June 29 deadline, after which Microsoft may start charging for upgrades. Once you’ve done the upgrade to Windows 10 once, that machine will automatically have a Windows 10 license, even if you do a clean install onto a new harddisk, but if you wait until after June 29, it might cost you.

Harddisks are cheap now … I think you have little to lose by imaging your current OS to a backup, then replacing the harddisk, restoring to the new disk and doing the Windows 10 upgrade. Worst case scenario is you will have to put the original harddisk back in the machine.