Cubase Elements 8 Trial: eLicensor yes or no?

I am a long time Cubase user. I am going away for a couple of weeks. I thought it might be an idea to do some work whilst away.

I thought it might be good to install the trial version of Elements 8 on to my Macbook Pro. This was particularly attractive because it said:

“No registration is required. Just download, install and start recording, editing and mixing your music in exceptional quality. And the Cubase Elements trial version runs without a USB-eLicenser.”

Great. I don’t want to be faffing around with those eLicensors. They are very annoying.

So I downloaded the Cubase Elements 8 trial program and installed. However, it won’t do anything because it tells me I haven’t got a USB-eLicensor.

I am confused. Am I missing something really obvious here?

Text says no eL required - Try Cubase now for 30 days | Steinberg

Mac says eL required.

Can someone put me out of my misery? Thanks.

Hello,

Elements does not need the USB-eLicenser, the problem is most probably this:

The trial license is created during the installation, so you will need to re-install Cubase (on a Mac, trashing the Cubase icon in the Applications folder, rebooting and re-launching the installer should do).

Kind regards,

Hello Fabio,

I tried the above mentioned method (on mac):

• uninstalled cubase
  • rebooted
  • re-installed the USB-elicenser app
  • re-installed cubase elements 8 (and followed the update procedure during installation for the newest version that is available)
  • Still received the message: “No valid License found. The program will quit now”
    -Tried this a couple of times

Regards