Cubase Elements 9.5 allow bluetooth or wifi midi on Windows 10 ?

Hi,

i have a Yamaha MB-BT01 (bluetooth) and Yamaha UD-WL01 (wifi)

Any advice please let me know.

Regards,

Hi and welcome,

This is not question of Cubase. This is question of system. So if your system (Win 10) recognize it as a MIDI Device, then Cubase can see it too. The system has to provide the MIDI Ports to the DAW.

Hi Martin, are you saying that the Bluetooth midi issue in Cubase has been fixed ?
The reason I ask is because since I upgraded to OS 10.12.6 I’ve been having Bluetooth issues
with my MacBook.

Could you please let me know ?

Thanks

Maybe I’m missing something.

Could you point to the specific issue (report), please?

I was part of this discussion about the Bluetooth issue in Cubase which I reported
To Steinberg support who told me it would be fixed…

I updated the other topic but I have the Korg NanoKey Studio working just fine over Bluetooth in Cubase 9 (I don’t have 9.5 so can’t speak to that).

Are able to record properly???

I’m using IOS devices like iPhone and iPad bluetooth midi controller apps and I tried both CP9 and CP9.5 and it’s the same old issue. All devices show up in Cubase and I can play them but Cubase is not Time Stamping correctly. In other words what I play is not what I get.

Also Cubase can’t transmit audio to my bluetooth headphones. They show up in devices but you can’t select them…

As I stated before all my devices and apps work perfectly in Garage Band and Logic…

I am away from home right now. I do have my laptop and the NanoKey Studio with me but I am using the Generic ASIO driver, which right now, has 20 mS in and 20 mS out of latency. I did a little test and the notes are recording a little late but the are otherwise evenly spaced and in basically the correct location. I will try ASIO4All if I get a chance to see how a lower latency goes.
OK. Much better with ASIO4ALL. In fact I would say that even with 5 to 6 mSec latency in AND out, the notes were still, on average, right on time. Some behind, some ahead, and all within a few mSec or so (as accurately as I could play). It actually makes me wonder if with ASIO4All it can compensate for latency better than with the Generic Low Latency ASIO.
Anyway, I would say that it is working pretty well here on my setup. Certainly close enough to the point that the bigger error is due to my own inconsistent playing.
I think I need to experiment with the Generic LLASIO driver and see if there is something in the setup I need to adjust.

HTH
J.L.