Cubase Elements 9.5 Crash

I was finally able to upgrade to Elements 9.5 since my old OEM version of 8 LE stopped working properly with the fall Windows 10 update. Upgrading the license, downloading, installing, and setting up VST connections all went without a hitch. Unfortunately, however, I’m experiencing a problem that I haven’t been able to find a support thread for. Whenever I click any channel monitor button to disable it, Cubase crashes to the desktop… every time with no exception. It doesn’t matter what, if any, plug-ins are loaded.

I can follow these procedures every time a repeat the crash:

1. Create empty project
  2. Add an audio track
  3. Arm “Monitor” button on track
  4. Disarm “Monitor” button on track
    → Result = crash

I have successfully worked with older saved projects, replaced a reverb plug-in which also stopped working after the fall Windows 10 Update, saved the projects, exported the mix-down, etc. As long as I don’t disarm any “Monitor” buttons everything seems to work great. But as soon as I unclick that monitor button, things crash… whether it’s been a complex project that I’ve loaded from an older file, or a brand new empty project as outlined above. Basic systems stats are in the sig.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Hi and welcome,

Could you share the crashdump file located in Documents/Steinberg/crashdumps, please?