Cubase Elements9 help putting halion groove in right folder

hey all.

I’m using Cubase elements 9 and I’m having trouble getting Halion Sonic se2 and Groove Agent se to work. The Prologue is working fine. I’m thinking its an issue with putting them in the right folder location. I tried an option I found on the googles, but it didn’t work.

“Search your drive for files with the extension .vstsound. Sounds for Halion Sonic SE will have HSSE in the filename. When you find the HSSE files move them to here if they aren’t there already. C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound”
This was the only search result that dealt with my question.
I also tried putting only the .vstsounds from the “Additional Content” folder that Cubase put these two plug ins in into the VST Sounds Folder found in the main Steinberg folder. I tried that and also putting that whole VST Sounds folder from the Additional Content folder into the main VST Sounds Folder.

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound

The groove agent loads, but it most, if not all the files, are missing. The Halion loads, but only one preset is active (First Contact) and it gives this error message “No Layer Edit Page Found.”

And another question: I also have Presonus Studio One. Can I use its VST instruments in Cubase? As far as I know the two programs are not sharing any folders so I’m not thinking there is a conflict for the above problem from this.

I’m using a Toshiba laptop windows 10 and the Cubase is 64 bit. I also use guitar rig 4. The Cubase was downloaded from the Steinberg website.

thanks for the help.

I have the same issue; did you find the fix?

thanks.