Cubase Essential 5 on Windows 7- but now need to upgrade to 10 w/ new computer

I love my Cubase Essential 5. Since 2010. No problems. Still works great but NOW need to upgrade my PC. It has all worked perfectly for 11 years, and still is. However, it is time to upgrade the hardware and likely the software.

That said, is there a path for me to upgrade from Cubase Essential 5? … to anything above it? Or can I keep it… which I’m happy to do and then the question is will it work with Windows 10?

Do you have any recommendations? If I do need to upgrade the software, for what I do, which is VoiceOver work-- and I use very few tracks with most jobs…, what version should or must I go up to? AND, are the functions and methods still the same or do I need to do a bunch of new learning?

I would like some honest advice. I don’t know what my next move is.

Hi and welcome on the forum,

Yes, you can upgrade for example to Cubase Elements 11, which is the same edition level, as Essential was in the past. The upgrade is 49.99€ and it’s called Upgrade from Cubase LE (4 or higher), Cubase AI, Cubase Essential 4/5, Sequel 2/3.

Over different versions Cubase has generally been consistent on how to “do the same stuff” as it has evolved. Most tasks will be the same - maybe something is in a different menu, but probably not.

This chart details the different flavors. You can see what meets your needs.

Kindly send me the link to purchase the Upgrade from Cubase LE (4 or higher), Cubase AI, Cubase Essential 4/5, Sequel 2/3
I want to get the Cubase Essential 11.

I cannot find the upgrade pricing such as you mentioned.

Thank you very much.

Hi,

You can buy the upgrade at the Steinberg Online Shop.