Cubase exits without writing crash dump files...

Twice today working on a track Cubase disappeared in the blink of an eye. As fast a crash as I’ve ever seen it do on any other version.

Looked in the Dump files just now and there is none for either of todays crashes. Any ideas?

regards

Martin

Hi,

Unfortunately hard to guess, if there is no crash dump. What was your last step? Or at least an area you worked on?

It happened so quickly both times I can’t even remember but the same breed of crash twice. Let’s see over the next few days. No one else seeing this today on 9.5.30?

Hi there,

I did not have much time to enjoy the new Pro 9.5.30…

Since last week (~may 30th), while I am working, Cubase exits without warning. No crash dump file. Many times a day.

I have tried everything :

• reset preferences
  • updates for the whole PC (drivers, softwares, plugins, even the bios)
  • tried without my second screen, without my UR824 (using the onboard realtek), without the UAD quad, even without the mouse (using the trackpad), without iLok
    It was still crashing randomly. Even when I was away from keyboard making a coffee !

And at last, yesterday, I reinstalled Win 10 from scratch with all the softwares / plugins / etc. Took me the whole day…
I thought that it was solved because today, it worked fine until… some minutes ago.

What can I do ? What did I miss ? “Help Steinies ! You are my only hope !”

Hi Martin,
Same here ! Last week, Cubase started to crash while I was working, many times a day. (and without dump files)
Have you solved it ?

Hi,

Really hard to say, if there is no crash dump.

What happened last week? Any system (Windows) update? Any plug-in update?

Hi Martin (Jirsak) : except regular windows updates, I did not notice anything special. Do you know any special monitoring tool to help me to scan Cubase’s activity during its execution ?

Hi,

I’m sorry, I’m not Windows expert. As far as I know, you can make a memory print from the task manager. It’s a big file, because it contains the whole memory data. But question is, if there will be any info about Cubase in the memory, when Cubase is already down.

It’s been happening to me too.

I can say that this sudden crash hasnt happened me too much since…

yes this happens to me to, while im working cubase 9.5.30 will suddenly freeze for a few seconds and then crash, as in it will be gone, i cannot work ilike this and am having issues will all my projects, new and olds ones.

Please help resolve tgis, it is holding my entire work and i cannot continue until it is resolved.

My system is
windows 10 - 64 bit
8 gb ram
Dell inspiron laptop i7 processor

Hi,

Have you tried to trash Cubase preferences, please?

Please Martin, what does this crash dump file tell you ?
Cubase 9.5.30.192 64bit 2018.6.9 21.10.zip (133 KB)

Hey I have reverted back to 9.5 from 9.5.3, and it only somewhat helps, but doesn’t crash as quickly like before, but crashes none the less, there is now a longer gap of time before each crash finally happens, But the last time it crashed it did manage to create the dump file, will you have a look at it and tell me what you feel is happening.
Thank You.

My system is
windows 10 - 64 bit
8 gb ram
Dell inspiron laptop i7 processor
Cubase 9.5.0.55 64bit 2018.6.10 19.34.rar (194 KB)

Hi,

I’m sorry, this crashes comes from Cubase 9.5.0. This exact crash has been fixed in one of the update already.

Hi Martin, sorry but who are you talking to ? exponentialunicorns or me ?

Hi leonardm,

Sorry, the previous message was addressed to exponentialunicorns.

Your crash seems to be in UAD. Make sure you have the very latest UAD software installed, please.

Ok, bizarre ! My UAD satellite device was not connected : I was in a train between Paris and Nantes :slight_smile: And I have the latest one.

Anyway, I would like to inform you all that I have turned off my second graphic video card (NVidia GTX880M) and Cubase is working fine until now : 7 hours running without crashing ! (except for the only crash dump I sent, maybe linked, like Martin Jirsak said, to an UAD failure).

hi there.
having similar issues with latest cubase 9.5 pro crashing all the time. i was unable to open dmp files to be able to identify the crashing plugin.

the SOLUTION i found was:

in windows 10 there is a report for problems function:
Path: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Security and Maintenance\Problem Reports

also you can access it by ‘search bar’ by just writing '‘problem reports’ and selecting ‘‘view all problem reports’’

then go to cubase and right click on various reports and select ‘‘view technical details’’

then check the ‘‘Fault Module Name’’ to see the crashing fact (can be a vst). Try to remove it and restart your cubase (restart of pc might needed before and after removal).

hope to help someone :slight_smile:

Thanks to your info, I’ve been able to identify the Weiss MM-1 Softube Plugin as the source of my crashes. Also Cubase Pro 9.5.2 and 9.5.3 crashes without writing crash dumps for me.