Cubase freezes at Initializing: Video Player

Cubase freezes forever at “Initializing: Video Player” when I try to start it.

Windows 10/64 bit, with Creators update.

Hi,

Make sure the proper video component is installed. Try to reinstall Cubase from the Full Installer.

What Cubase version do you run?

Hi,

I reinstalled everything, Cubase 9.5.0 with the full installer and then updated to 9.5.10. I also reinstalled the graphic card driver for NVIDIA GeForce GT610 (version 23.21.13.9913 from 27.10.2017).

But it does not help.

Is there any way to skip the video player initialisation? I don’t need the video player. But I need a way to start Cubase.

Hi,

Yes, you can remove the videoengine.dll from the Components folder.

Hi,

removing videoengine.dll results in an exception

Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFF95DD1F2C (avrt.dll) in Cubase9.5.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000000000F0.
If there is a handler for this exception, the program may be safely continued.

after VST Mixer initialisation.

Hi,

Avrt.dll seems to be some Microsoft dll. I hope, this is not scanned as a plug-in or component on your system.

Do you have a NVIDIA graphics card (or chip) by any chance? If yes, read this article, please.

Yes, I have an NVIDEA GeForce GT 610 with the latest drivers.

Driver roll back doesn’t work. I had to install a new driver with the Windows Creators update.
Also, there is no/I cant find an no option to switch off the NVIDEA graphics processor.

Btw, sometimes after starting the computer, it is possible to launch Cubase 9.5.10 and it is running. So I’m not sure if it is the same problem. On my computer Cubase doesn’t crash, it’s only hanging when the video player is initialised in 99% of all cases.