Cubase freezes when closing.

Hi Martin,
Thanks for jumping in. Particular in this project xfer OTT get stuck, but I examine other dumps myself on other projects (even on some mastering projects where aren’t much plugins involved) where I don’t have xfer OTT it gets on some other plugins. To be precise it get stuck random on plugins (fabfilter, bluecat, melda…) depending on the project so I am convinced its not plugin specific cause i tried to eliminate those from VST folder same happens.

The most difficult thing is that I cannot reproduce it every time, with same project sometimes it pass and not freeze. What I did notice is if I work on project a short period of time (Let say few changes on some elements, some eq add few plugins etc) it not freezes. But if i work a bit longer on it it always freezes.

1 Like

Hi,

Do you have any Ableton version installed by any chance? Or other ReWire software?

Hi, thanks on fast response :slight_smile:

The only option left is to install 10.5.12 on my old system (1511) and work few days from there and see if freezing will occur, since the only difference is that new system 1909 (where freezing happens) is on NVME SSD- GUID partition while old one was on MBR partition SSD SATA, which personally I think should not have any difference. 3rd party plugins palette are same for new and old system.

1 Like

Hi,

Sorry, I have overlooked you mentioned ReWire already.

I would give it a try with 1909, if you have the option.

freezing happens with 1909, i will try this week 1511.

Interesting: I updated windows end of last week as it told me there was a new update. I opened the mix that i mentioned froze on exit last week as I had to render out a 48k version for video. It closed perfectly afterwards.

I shall look again at this tomorrow.

M

Please can you specify which exact version of windows you have? Aand GPU? And also keep us updated. Cheers

Yes, this problem is very old and I have it also sometimes. But there is no crash dump, it just takes a very long time and after all resources are released, Cubase is closed. But sometimes it doesn’t work and Cubase has to be closed via the Task Manager.
Since other DAWs don’t have this problem (?), it’s probably a combination of badly programmed plug-ins and the way how Cubase deals with plug-ins internally.

1 Like

Sure. I was editing video all day yesterday so didn’t open cubase. My GFX is AMD 5700XT. I should add it to my signature.
I’ll try have a look at this again today.

M

I’m on 1909 KB4550945 and the mix I was working on now closes fine.

M

Hello! Returning to my last post about Cubase crashing when closing the project or leaving the program, I noticed that when I don’t have Halion 6 or Halion Sonic 3 in the project, everything works without any problem. Therefore, when I need the sound from these plugins, I immediately record them as audio and remove them from the project. Then everything works fine. I haven’t tested it yet with Halion Sonic SE but I am convinced that Halion 6 or Halion Sonic 3 is the reason Cubase hangs when closing the project or exiting the program. I have other plugins like Spire, The Legend or Synthmaster One installed and there is no problem with them. I don’t know what it depends on, whether it has to do with the fact that Halion 6 is a plugin that takes up a lot of space, and my computer has a problem with it. I don’t know if you also use this plugin, if so try to remove it from the project and write if it helped … Greetings!

Hello. I am new to Cubase. Same problem when closing. Doesn’t use Halion or Halion Sonic

1 Like

I think I wrote an earlier post too quickly … I just started one of my older projects where there is no Halion 6 plugin and unfortunately when closing the project, Cubase crashed again … I have no idea what’s going on … I have several SPIRE plugins running in this project, several MIDI tracks and SAMPLER tracks. When loaded and not running, it closes without problems but just a few minutes of playback and when closing the project every time it hangs … I’ll try to find a problem in this project …

I have problems with crashes on closing with acustica plugins (I am not the only one) the weird thing that te crashes generally ocurr when one of those plugins have been opened, if I work with the session without opening the GUI of the plugin the crashes don´t seem to happen. So I think there must be a graphics issue?

1 Like

I found dmp files dated April 2, 2020. I can see that they are from version 10.5.12 but it probably doesn’t matter. Can anyone read it? Greetings!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uebzp9-MtTrtQd7-IvrqSPaJRezfWhqd/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jfSl2r3mZthwTxgs6Iy6IEauRT45PXfr/view?usp=sharing

Here Spire also causing hangings: Soft-eLicenser (SeL) FAQ - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

I installed an older version of the SPIRE 1.1.13 plugin instead of the latest 1.1.17. So far everything works. We’ll see how long … Thanks Grada :slight_smile:

U welcome, yes older spire works without hangings here. ArtsAcoustic Reverb, and xfer OTT hangs too, so if you use these you might experience hanging too :slight_smile:

Hi,

Then it really seems to be on the plug-in side, right?

Hello! To this day Cubase has not crashed. The old project in which I had several SPIRE plugins closes without problems when I click - close. I currently have SPIRE version 1.1.13-4027 installed. I wrote about the problem to the developers of SPIRE and sent them a project that hung … They told me to install the latest version of the plugin 1.1.17-4178. I did, but after a few minutes when closing the project, Cubase crashed. Overall, SPIRE seems to be causing the problem. Thanks and best regards!