Cubase freezes when closing.

Hello! Recently I have a problem with Cubase 10.5. After loading any project and working with this project for a long time, Cubase does not want to close properly and freezes. This situation does not happen when I close the program a moment after turning on, without plugins loaded. I had several VST plugins previously installed such as Spire or The Legend and I thought it was the fault of one of the plugins. I decided to install fresh Windows 10 and use only the plugins that are standard in Cubase 10.5. I also installed the full latest version of Halion 6. The problem still appears. I read somewhere on the forum that the problem may be outdated VST plugins but in my case this is not the case. Where to look for a solution, then? Is this a problem with Windows 10? The computer I use is a standard PC with an Intel Core i5 9600K processor. I only use the built-in graphics card. As an audio interface I use the Roland FA06 keyboard. I noticed one more thing … When Cubase hangs, after running the task manager in Windows, I see that it is not in the Applications field and appears in the Background Processes field. When I try to close this process, I can’t do it. Only a full restart of the computer helps. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? Regards!

2 Likes

Hi,

Use Microsoft ProcDump utility to get a DMP file. Then upload it to Dropbox (or similar service) and share the link here, please.

I get the same problem on Mac. Cubase 10.5.12 becomes unresponsive on closing a project.

R

As soon as the problem reappears, I will upload the DMP file. I was convinced that this problem only occurs under Windows. Interesting…

same thing happens to me.
i tried to use Microsoft ProcDump utility
but i don’t understand how to make a dumbfile from it

tried to search in the minidump folder but no dumbfiles there either

Hi,

My expectation is, this is linked to the 10.5.12 Crashes Every Time I Quit on Mac. I would say, it’s the same source. It crashes on Mac and freezes on Windows.

Do you guys use ReWire?

DMP file would be helpful to be able to confirm, it’s the same think as the linked issue.

Sorry, I’m not Windows user, I don’t know, how to use the ProcDump. I just know this tool exists and several users here have generated a DMP file by using it.

I don’t use ReWire … When I open the STUDIO menu and then ReWire and ReWire setup, I have nothing there.

Welcome back! The same problem with Cubase 10.5 crashing on closing appeared several times today … However, I have no idea how to make a dump file with Procdump … Could someone write how to do it the easiest way? Thank you and best regards!

This bug is as old as the hills, crash or freeze on closing

2 Likes

It seems to me to be only an issue since update to 10.5.12 (pro) here
Am on Windows 10.

And because it goes to unresponsive the last project is not listed when trying to open recent.

Hi,

Could you attach the dmp file, please?

edit - latest one attached. but funnily enough the most recent ones are not recorded as crash dumps
Cubase 10.5.10.120 64bit 2020.2.14 23.29.53.829.dmp (941 KB)

Hi. Any update? Thanks

1 Like

Hi,

Sorry, I’m not in the office in these days because of the virus situation…

But as I can see, you are using Cubase 10.5.10. Could you try to update to Cubase 10.5.12, please? If it’s still crashing, could you attach a new DMP file, please?

Yeah Im running 10.5.12
I feel you with the virus. Affecting too many people. Stay lucky

Hi,

But the crash file is from Cubase 10.5.10. Does it mean this crash doesn’t make a DMP file? Could you double-check, when was the file created, please? Does it match with the date-time of the crash?

Thank you.

as I said before, the most recent ones are not recorded as crash dumps

Hi,

Could you use Microsoft ProcDump utility to generate a DMP file in Cubase 10.5.12, please?

Hello, same problem here, cubase freezes almost always on close. Version is 10.5.12.

MS procdump file here:

Messages from procdump:
[20:10:49] Hung Window:
[20:10:49] Dump 1 initiated: C:\WINDOWS\system32\cubase.dmp
[20:10:50] Dump 1 complete: 62 MB written in 1.9 seconds
[20:10:51] Dump count reached.

Thanks.

I have the same issue - Cubase 10.5.12 is freezing almost all the time on close, more likely after longer sessions.

MS procdumps here:

Thanks for looking into this issue.