Cubase/Halion installation issues

I bought a deal on Cubase 6 and Halion 4 (the physical products with DVDs) with free updates to 7 and 5 respectively. Both are giving me issues installing the programs and the content. I was able to add both licenses successfully to eLicenser and eLicenser updated them immediately to Cubase 7 and Halion 5. This part worked fine.

So I installed the Cubase 6 DVD successfully, though I’m not sure if I was supposed to install the additional content (as it looked like there was a seperate Mac folder for it besides the regular installer). I then tried to start Cubase 6 (version 6.0.2) to see if I could use it and I get an error that ‘Cubase unexpectedly quit’. So I downloaded the Cubase 7.0.0 Core installer from the website and that seem to install fine, but the 7.0.2 download doesn’t seem to work. About halfway through using Unarchiver for the rar file, it tells me it 'could not extract ‘Cubase_7_installer_mac.part1.dmg’ and the file archive is incomplete.

As for Halion, I couldn’t even get the DVDs to load onto my computer. Though I went to the Steinberg site and got a link for my free ‘Halion 5 Update’ and installed that. I was able to open Halion 5, but the DVDs for Halion 4 had a bunch of GB of content on them and I don’t think the Halion 5 content included it all. I’m still unsure how I can get all of that content if the DVDs aren’t loading.

I’m on a Macbook Pro with OS 10.8.4. Anyone have any ideas of what might be going on and what I can do to get the software to install properly?