"Cubase has stopped working"

This has been going on (on and off) for many versions. Only loading a project. Typically and large project with lots of man-hours in it… I was doing OK for a few months and about a week ago - BLAM - “Cubase has stopped working”. I can still open smaller projects but the big ones stop while loading. And there’s no Cubase crash log, just a Windows dump that nobody finds helpful. And it’s never the same ‘location’ (the report notes ‘Thread 64’ then ‘Thread 52’ then some other number…).
I went through all the VSTs to insure that they were up to date. Found one that had an update available. Loaded that. Cubase opened the project!! …Once. Next day we were back to BLAM. I upgraded to 10.5 but haven’t loaded it yet. Based on some of the topic posted here, it might not help.

:angry:

Removed 2 plugins and now my project opens. One was FL Studio, which I started sequencing with under Windows maybe 10-15 years ago. It didn’t support multiple meters so I switched to Cubase. Haven’t really used it at all in a couple years. The other one is an Air Music Tech Hammond organ. I really like it but if it prevents things from working, it has to go…
Compatibility issues! Hope the fix lasts…