Cubase iC Pro & iPad Keyboard

So far it seems to work with CB 11 Pro* - at least the network connection is working. However, it is difficult to create your own shortcut pages. The search does not work as desired because the iPad keyboard with “Enter” / “Backspace” (so the right keys) do not execute the command, but generate letters. Sometimes the app also freezes.
All in all not bad the app - but I hope there is work invested again. There would be so many nice things to do with it.

*I haven’t tested everything yet though.

Best wishes!

1 Like

Hi,
I think I have discovered a solution.
I originally installed a German keyboard and Emoij keyboard on my iPad. So I added a US keyboard as a test. To get to it, the emoji keyboard had to be deleted. Otherwise the app crashes when I have to select it. If I switch from German to English, I can use the keyboard without any restrictions and everything works.

I have an older iPad Air using iOS 14.6 and managed to get the keyboard to work by tapping in the search box, the switching out of the app to any other app that I have open on the iPad and then switching back to Cubase iCPro. Upon switching back to iCPro, I see that the keyboard doesn’t stretch across the entire bottom of the screen. With this, all the keys align to my key presses.

However, any time I leave the search criteria screen and return to it, the keyboard defaults to it full size (across the entire bottom of the screen) and I have to repeat the process all over again, otherwise, the key presses won’t align.

NOTE: This only works with iOS 14.6. On my newer iPad and iPhone running 14.8 and higher, this does not work at all, so if someone manages to find a way to get this to work on current iOS versions, I’m very interested to know how.

Regards