I have some old iPads (gen 2) that still work great with IC Pro for cue controls for performers including myself performing/recording on my own in the studio but also I use it for the handy key command buttons when mixing/producing.
On the 4th window in settings (spanner icon) I can select at the bottom ‘save’ to save my key commands template with custom names for recalling on the same device but does anyone know how I can copy that saved tempate of key commands to other iPad devices, to save the whole process of creating each key command button from the menus please to keep uniformity and familiarity?
Eureka! I’ve just realised how to do it but rather than delete my posting, I will explain the answer hoping it will both assist others who want to do the same but also remind users that the Cubase IC Pro app is an amazingly economical and useful tool that many users may not have considered or perhaps even know about.
Before buying any additional external control device to control Cubase, I strongly suggest you try our Cubase IC Pro to see whether it does all you require or enough of what you require to justify not spending hundreds on another device!
So to transfer files:
- save your templates with a custom name as described above (I use the date as I am adding more key commands to the arsenal so I will always want to copy the latest saved version).
- connect your 1st iPad (with the template you want to transfer) to itunes
- click on ‘File Sharing’ (with ‘A’ logo at the bottom of the left hand list)
- on the window to the right click on Cubase IC Pro app
- in the far right window you will see a file ‘presets’ , click on that to select it
- Scrol down if necessary to see at the bottom of that window a ‘save’ button & click on that to save your presets on a folder you will remember,
- eject your ipad
- Connect your 2nd ipad where you want to have the copied files
- Follow above from point 3. but instead of selecting ‘save’ button at point 8., click on ‘add file’ button and add the template(s) you want to copy.
After disconnecting the ipad and loading Cubase IC Pro app, in settings screen4. click on the ‘load’ button at bottom, then select the template by name and it will load
I hope this is useful for some as I cannot find it in any other resource.