Cubase ic pro wishlist

The possibility of reordering buttons via drag and drop!
Right now, if you want to move a button you have to delete it and recreate it afterwards

I really (did I say really !?!) want IC Pro to use the Cubase Track Visibility settings. I use templates that have many more tracks than I actually use in a project, all these show up in the IC Pro mixer, making it pretty much useless… so I only use IC Pro for transport controls, markers… a bit of a waste if you ask me.

VST Quick Controls, Track Quick Controls, and user assignable general MIDI CC control with, wait for it…, an XY pad.

TRACK SELECT, TRACK SELECT and TRACK SELECT PLEASE!!! Everything else is awesome!!

Drag & Drop Buttons
Big +1 for drag and drop buttons to other locations. If there’s a button already, the buttons switch place. This is so crucial if setting up and you’re constantly re-arranging buttons until you found the config that works well.

EQ and other Channel Strip Settings
Would be nice to get an EQ graph screen so you see what EQ is applied to a selected channel and manipulate it right from the app. Also, all other channel strip elements could be represented here, too, so you don’t have to open the Channel Settings window and lose space on your screen. You could mix and edit and do all standard channel strip operations from the iPad.

VST Quick Controls
A page for VST quick controls would be handy.

Cubasis 3 in controller mode, controlling a Cubase session with editing options…

Yeah … having the Channel Pane on the iPad would be awesome! I’ve used an “iPad as a second monitor” app for just that and it worked OK. But it wasn’t so smooth as to lock into my workflow. Have it the Pane open directly on the iPad when initiated from the DAW would be awesome!

Oh and of course Full screen height faders … don’t use faders a whole lot in my work( I even removed my MCU Pro to save space!) but everyone and then a mix pass with a fader or two is efficient.

Oh yeah… a cable connection option too. For when I’m using it right next to the computer as a controller or even at a remote location where WiFi isn’t available.

poke

+1 :blush:

I would really like the timeline to allow for movements/markers in bars and beats rather than linear time. I’ve seen this requested before and I think it would be a logical improvement if IC Pro reflected the settings of the Cubase Project or at least gave you this option.

I would also love to see the mixing functionality extended to allow setting of channel EQ and maybe some other parameters such as Send Levels, possibly using the top half of the screen to show/adjust these settings if possible.

wired operation would also be a bonus for reducing latency and keeping the ithingies charged up

Definitely being able to connect via usb so I can turn off wifi and to lower latency/ increase smooth response would be first priority for me. Right now I really only use the key commands, but that alone is so powerful.

Fix the known bugs (please).

[quote=“ChrisPolus”]Drag & Drop Buttons
Big +1 for drag and drop buttons to other locations. If there’s a button already, the buttons switch place. This is so crucial if setting up and you’re constantly re-arranging buttons until you found the config that works well.

Big + from me too for the reordering of button; I also would like to be able to move, or copy, the button to other pages and to have the possibility of reordering the different pages of buttons

• Mixer configurations like MixConsole
  • and then … mixer configuration controls configuration in MixConsole (or one of the other mixers)
  • on my iPad2 the channel colors are not identical with MixConsole/Arrange-Tracks in Cubase
  • Markerview is too small
  • the most right channel hides the fader
  • Positiondisplay “jitters” this drives me nervous, I like static displays like in Cubase
  • I would like to see the channel edit window for editing
  • large faders

Mixer - hidden channels - option to match the lower zone mixer or hidden channels in project is my wish

• Display marker names
  • Key Commands for “play marker 1 to n”

surround panner

Transport Window:

• select events
  • delete, move events
  • show waveforms in events

Surround panner is the most needed thing!

1. add a page with pads, faders, knobs etc… to send key commands like an external midi device like the Akai MPD series
    http://www.akaipro.com/products/pad-controllers/mpd-226

2. fix the 4 years old issue of the bars / second !
    and other pending issues…

Fix the known bugs and add requested features.