Cubase install directory. New download assistant does not allow directory choice

As per the title. I know that the installers themselves (.exe or .msi files) do allow choice of install directory, but the download assistant seems to be silent installation without the usual popups. I want to download just the .exe or .msi file so I can also choose install location -is there any other sources for downloading these files?

ok found it. Can download the files here, however the download speed is not as fast as the Assistant.

*STEINBERG DEVELOPERS - please add an option to the assistant for “download” not only install.

cheers

1 Like

this is no good, only fine if you want to install everyone on the same drive.

I want Cubase main app installed on C: and my plugins and content on another drive.

thanks anyway!

You can change it to different folders as needed. For example in my screen grab above I’m downloading the Cubase program itself and want it to go in a download folder. But if I switch to the full (not update) Cubase 11 download, it is set to a sample library disk because I was downloading content from here.

This is incorrect.
That “Target folder” is just a download directory.
Everything gets installed on C: regardless.

This is correct for programs like Cubase or Wavelab. But content doesn’t get installed, so you can just download it directly to wherever you want to store the library. Then double click on any of the .vstsound files which will launch the Steinberg Library Manager which will register all the content it finds in that location.

Hello, I’m having this problem but the library manager will not install, do you have any suggestions please.

What happens when you try to install the Library Manager?