Cubase is closing suddenly,

Cubase is closing suddenly,

I upgrade to B450M-A, RYZEN 5 Vega 11, 2400G, for now (16gb)

from Alienware Aurora r2, i7 intel 860, 20gb

I also see a increase in the disk cache bar of cubase

I migrated my SSD to the new components, ¿what can be the problem?

is it compatible? or was the worst move?

You didn’t just pull out the SSD and put in the new system, or used a disk image, right?

i7-860? With Windows 10 or 7?
Bloomfield CPUs are not supported on Windows 10 (you need a 3rd Gen. Intel Ivy Bridge or later).

What is Bloomfield?

Im not sure if im understanding; I was running i7-860, windows 10 x64, 20gb ram, and old graphic card Gforce 9500GT, and all running without a problem, the thing is than my motherboard was burn after 10 years approx, the power supply failed and that’s why I got new computer

The new computer is a Asus Prime B450M-A, with a processor (AMD Ryzen Vega 11 graphic card integrated), and I added 16gb Ram

In the new computer, yes I just pull out the ssd from old computer and added on the new computer, but I installed all drivers, I also updated Bios, chipset and so on…

I also re-installed Cubase 9.5 and the maintain update

The SSD is a silicon power of 1tb…

Bloomfield/Lynnfield is the Intel codename for the 1st Gen. Core processors. If that’s the old machine, all good :wink:

When you install Windows, it automatically installs a series of on-board device drivers, I’ve never seen a system migrated that way working properly. Windows 10 is much more clever than any previous OS, but I wouldn’t trust migrating an installation to new components honestly.

I’m surprised the old system worked fine with Win 10 and those components (the CPU / chipset / GPU are all actually unsupported on Win 10 - meaning the MS generic drivers do a pretty good job :astonished: )

Does it generate any crash dump?

I see, in my case, I got 3 mother boards in the past;
-mother1 first 1 HDD
-mother2 first 1 HDD
-mother3 first 2 HDD (cloned from 1) later cloned to SSD
-mother4 actual motherboard with the SSD, windows run properly FL Studio too, I didn’t tested Live or other softwares

I’m surprised the old system worked fine with Win 10 and those components (the CPU / chipset / GPU are all actually unsupported on Win 10 - meaning the MS generic drivers do a pretty good job > :astonished: > )

Does it generate any crash dump?

I have only one crash dump
Cubase 9.5.50.345 64bit 2019.7.17 23.10.rar (107 Bytes)
also, there is no really a “crash” I mean, it feels freeze like 2 seconds, and then Cubase disappears, just like that… some projects cannot open, Cubase just try to open the project and then disappears, other projects open and after a while, disappears… is so strange

Well Fabio. My system is migrated and it is the third time I migrate it. The problem with many migrations is, that people don’t know how to do it properly. There are some “hacks” that needs to be done in the registry.

First thing to do is to open the registry editor.
Navigate to this part: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\msahci and click on start DWORD.
Change the value to 0
After that, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\pciide and click on start DWORD
Change the value to 0.

From now on, you can hassle free move your drives from one computer to another. Alle you need to do is to reactivate windows and check you have the right drivers. I don’t know if this works when one make the change from Intel to AMD. I know it works on Intel platforms.

I have migrated my cubase three times during the last two years and it is working flawless.

The problem is, that it is complicated to migrate a system without the registry hack. So when people suddenly have a fried motherboard, then the solution very often is a complete clean install followed with the usual crying.

@nordlead26: That dump is 0kb and contains no info unfortunately. If you have any other, that would help.
The System Information (Software Environment → Windows Error Reporting) should contain some info… usually human-friendly.

@Vital Few: that’s only part of the story and applies where the problem is the SATA mode (and mostly applies to Win 7 installations).
It very much depends on the change itself (replacing a MoBo from the same manufacturer and same chipset is easier that going from Intel to AMD).
I’ve seen quite a few unrecoverable systems through the years, but it’s not something worth to be discussed here. And again, Windows 10 really deals with these changes much better than any previous OS.

@Vital Few: Im doubt that the problem comes from the drivers, as I wrote before, I also migrated 3 times, without registry hacks… Windows usually can find the drivers, and if not each mother board have his own drivers CD or available for download online…

In this case, I updated all drivers and I verified for no drivers conflict, all are solved, I also checked for problems with the system and the SSD and there is non…

The Alienware was fried because the power supply had a problem… The technician tested and it was that…

I think is AMD incompatibility with Cubase or something… I saw similar posts outside Steinberg forum… :frowning:

this is one: Solved: Ryzen 5 2400G`s driver incompatible with Cubase 10 - AMD Community where seems the guy found solution, but after reading more, him still having the problem…

@Fabio: I saw that crashdump was 0kb but is the only one generated, I tried to generate more… but no success, as I wrote, cubase just close with no message just disappears… Do you need the windows crashdump if there is some of this day?

If you get any dump, yes, just send it over.
We’ve seen a few crashes with integrated cards - can you check in the SysInfo as described above? Can you see any Cubase crashes on the ucrtbase.dll?
If not, you can send the SysInfo (NFO) file to me. Not on the Forum, please, just pack it in a 7zip and message me.

Fabio, Ive already sent the INFO, no crashdumps reports in Windows/Minidump and I cant find the: ucrtbase.dll, is possible to tell me the route?