Cubase is not recording midi from my keyboard

Hi,

What about the other settings I mentioned, please?

Solved for me: I deleted my Cubase custom preferences file and started from the default settings and my midi keyboard was recognized. Must have been a corrupt setting after installing/testing a new version.

I have the same issue. Where do you find the custom preferences file? tx

1 Like

I would say, check your USB device drivers if you are running windows 10. I had the same issues and just solved it yesterday. Here’s what I did
(1) Went to device manager, checked for any driver that’s flagged “unrecognized by windows”, there are other terms windows uses to show you specific issues with a driver…so be on the lookout for it.
(2) Right-click on that driver and click uninstall.
(3) Power off your computer and power it on again
Windows will reinstall that driver and you will be fine.

Unless you have issues with MIDI Filter, then you can go to Edit>Preferences>MIDI Filter> check to see the parameters filtered out. You only want “System Ex” ticked at the least. This will solve any Cubase-originating issues with your midi keyboard. Also ensure that in the Midi section, the “Midi Thru” box is ticked as well. If not ticked, your midi keyboard wont work.

Cheers
Hope this helps

What worked for me was going to:

Edit> Preferences > Record (in preferences menu on the left below metering) > MIDI (below broadcast wave) and make sure that "Allows MIDI record enable thru is checked and “Replace Recording in Editors” is set to “All”.

Goodluck!

What worked for me (Cubase 11 LE) was going into MIDI/Set up Editor Preferences, then selecting the MIDI/MIDI Filter branch in the tree and turning off the Channels.
It’s a very confusing screen - if the channel buttons are flat white they are on, if they are 3D blue they are off.

I think the logic here is that they are filters you turn on or off. I.e. clicking the check-box for Ch 3 will filter out that channel.

I had the same problem. Cubase suddenly had stopped responding to incoming midi. I use a Yamaha KX61 via usb.
I managed to get the receiving working again but then it did not record or “accept” the played keys.

I got it working again after I altered the value in the dropdown here:

Hi folks, i updates to cubase 13. i have the same issue, seeing MIDI activity but even with monitor enabled, filters off, listening to any MIDI and all the above techniques i can’t get a MIDI or instrument channel to monitor or record MIDI :frowning: