iam a newb here and before buying a Midi keyboard and choosing the best fitting DAW, i wanted to test things around.
Iam dealing with problems with Cubase 10.5 trial version and Kontakt Player, both are already integrated and working together.
When i create a new track and the Kontakt Player pops up with the Virtual Keyboard, no sounds are coming out of the virtual keyboard. (after choosing a library ofc)
I tried almost everything:
- In Reaper, my Kontakt is working. Kontakt as a standalone program is working fine too.
- All sound drivers are updated (win updated, soundcards updated etc…)
- The Kontakt SW with the plugins is installed properly into Cubase
- I played with the options in the Studio Setup section, trying ASIO, Generic Low latency etc and nothing helped.
- I set the right channel/s
- Manual writing on the timeline is not producing any sounds too
- “Release Driven when Application is in the Background” is enabled too
I did a lot of other tests if the problem is in PC, or Kontakt, but its definitely somewhere in the Cubase.
I dont understand, why in Reaper is everything OK and Cubase is dealing with serious problems.
Please if you want a screenshoot of something or a short video, let me know.
How to solve this problem and why its happening?
Thanks and have a nice day,