Cubase LE 6.0.5 64-bit slows down when using Zoom ASIO.

Hi all,

i’m having some trouble with my Cubase. I use version LE 6.0.5, 64-bit, that came with the Zoom H4n.

I am running the program on a HP Laptop (Pavilion dm1) with Windows 7 64-bit (SP1), an AMD E1-1200 1,4 GHz processor and 4 GB RAM.

I have downloaded the latest ASIO driver (v 1.0.2) from Zoom’s website.

Cubase is running fine as long as i use the Generic Low Latency ASIO driver, but as soon as I swith to the Zoom ASIO driver the entire program slows down which makes recording impossible. This is not affected by changes to the latency.

Also, I have problems getting a signal from the Zoom device, sometimes it works but most of the time i get no signal at all into cubase.

I’m thinking that my problem might be that my computer simply is not powerful enough to run cubase with the zoom ASIO driver properly. I have tried doing a complete factory reset of my computer to speed it up, but that did not work.

Are there any ideas of other solutions to this problem than buying a new computer? Or is new hardware the only solution?

Very grateful for help!

Thanks!

Don’t know if this will help, but I also Run a line 6 pedal USB, If I have them both enabled as input, really screws things up. fixes everything as soon as I uncheck my line 6 pedal as an input, and only run the H4.
Would really like to find a fix for this, as it would be really cool to be able to room record through my Zoom H4, while simultaniously recording an independant track from my line 6 pedal, isolating the guitar, which could later be used for a base track to seperatley record all of the other instruments while maintaining that “lightening in a bottle” that comes only from jamming with my buddies live.
If anyone has a solution for this, would much appreciate a solution thrown out there.

Bump?

Your computer is plenty fast enough, this sounds more like a driver conflict, have you updated the firmware on your H4n?

Cubase only really records from one audio interface at a time, this is because each soundcard (Which your USB devices effectively are) runs its own clock and has no way of synchronising to another soundcard. If the program would try to run the two or more cards at once they would not match up correctly, fine for a consumer product, unacceptable for a professional product such as Cubase so the ASIO standard only allows for one functional soundcard at a time even though it allows more than one to be connected, but that card can have any number of outputs. Most people trying to work the way you do would be using a multichannel soundcard of some sort.